Sunday, September 9, 2012

2012 Art Day Out Melton

pic: this historic bluestone cottage has enjoyed several reincarnations including police station and private residence

What a glorious spring day and how grateful we all were. In a week of destructive wind and cold temperatures, the organisers of the Art Day Out in Melton would have had cause for concern. But today, nature was kind. There was a gentle breeze, not a cloud in the sky and the Willows Historical Park was transformed by colour, music and some unique stalls. This festival was planned to perfection. From the moment of arrival, smiling relaxed faces waved cars through and welcomed artists by name as we checked in.

pic: I thought I had a few badges! These little gems are made from souvenir tea spoons

Felt more like fun than work and that's how it should be. My day was very satisfying. I met some extraordinary people of all ages including folk from the U3A, musicians, fellow authors and a remarkable young girl with a passion for stories to rival my own. Still in primary school, my new best friend took to the story chair and entertained us with my favourite Chinese Folk Tale! This young one will go places for sure!

Thank you to the organisers for inviting me. I sold several copies of Phar the wonder horse and I'm planning to return to the community in November when Lyrebird! a true story is published.


pic: snapped before the crowds arrived, these coloured tents looked fabulously festive set out in a ring on the emerald grass








pic: Bruno Letierri hosting a discussion with John Marsden, Michael McGirr and others

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive