Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tamar Valley Writers Festival, Tasmania

While I could hardly be called a prolific writer of children's books, I'm passionate and particularly interested in non-fiction picture books for upper primary.



My two titles were published a while ago and are still in print and I meet readers, and convert new ones, wherever I go.

I was fortunate to be invited to the Tamar Valley Writers Festival as part of the schools program. Thanks to Paul Collins and the Creative Net Speakers' Agency for tossing my hat into the ring.

I couldn't speak highly enough of this festival, located this year at the Swiss themed resort, the Grindlewald, a few kilometres out of Launceston.

And while speaking highly and offering thanks, a HUGE ALMIGHTY thank you to Petrarch's Bookshop. Their pop-up shop at the festival was quite extraordinary and I, for one, found my wallet opening all by itself on numerous occasions.

My sessions were for middle and upper primary and years 8 - 12. I believe that what I have to share with students (my 'point of difference') is that I come to writing stories through telling stories. My mantra is: speak, write, read aloud.

It was great fun acting out stories with the young ones and introducing the older ones to stories told.

The Tamar Valley Writers Festival is every two years. Its a ripper!!!


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive