Monday, May 4, 2009

The Ada Cambridge Prize Williamstown Literary Festival

The 2009 Willy Lit Fest shaped up to be a fantastic w/end of words. One person can only be in so many places at once. I missed more than I saw and I was in sessions solidly for two days! It's true. This Festival is the biggest of its type in the west. My highlights included Catherine Deveny, Kerry Greenwood and Robin Grove's w/shop - The Hidden Life of Language.

I am also proud to tell you that I am a joint winner of The Ada Cambridge Prize for biographical short story writing 2009. My story is called 1984. The author standing beside me here is Simonne Michelle-Wells. Simonne's story, Broken Light, is witty, powerful, beautifully crafted and from the heart. I feel honored to share a prize with such a gal. Our stories are published in the anthology, Beyond Words 2009, available at the Hobson's Bay Libraries and local booksellers. Already looking forward to the 2010 Lit Fest.

1 comment:

Christine McDonald said...

Congratulations and 'well of course they picked you!'

Followers

Blog Archive