Saturday, August 22, 2009

Melbourne Writers Festival

AWAW - the Anthology of Award Winning Australian Writing 2009 was launched at the Melbourne Writers Festival yesterday. Excited authors, friends and families packed out the Festival Club, some folk traveling across the continent to celebrate. This anthology includes work from the north, south, east and west of the country. As the recipient of both the Ada Cambridge biographical short story prize (Williamstown Literary Festival) and the Pat Glover Memorial Storytelling Prize (Port Fairy Folk Festival), I have two pieces in the anthology. The collection includes stories that are based on the oral tradition and as I wear two hats - a literary one and a speaking one - I am delighted to say that my stories cover both my millinery proclivities! Here I am holding a copy for you to see alongside David Tenenbaum, Managing Editor of Melbourne Books. Thanks to Adolfo and Marleena from MB. I imagine rounding up all these authors was like herding a bunch of cats.
http://www.melbournebooks.com.au/mbooks/index.html

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive