Monday, September 26, 2011

Stories in Bunnings

I had been looking forward to this gig for a while.

Might not be for everyone but I am wedded to the idea of taking stories out of libraries, schools and dedicated performance spaces and delivering them in the streets, markets and other places where folk gather.

Eastern Regional Libraries invited me to take my tale telling skills to the Bunning store in Scorsby. Yes!!

Maria, who was working on family activities, had arranged a space for me in the outdoor furniture department. It was perfect - right next to the nursery.

For almost 3 hours I had the pleasure of sharing the best of my stories with people who might not hear them otherwise. A tale well told will weave its spell wherever it is unleashed.

I also learned something. The Bunnings' staff are just like in the ads! They are the friendliest, sincerest folk you will find. And that's a true story.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive