Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Village Festival Saturday 5. Edinburgh Gardens. Kamishibai

Under the elm trees in the Edinburgh Gardens, 30 degrees and blowing a light northerly.

I have told stories for several years now at this festival and this is the busiest I have ever been.

At midday, on the knocker, I had a full mat of children ready for stories. Apart from quick survival breaks I was talking and singing for over 4 hours. Lucky for the vocal chords of steel.

The Kamishibai was very popular - I over heard one adult fellow talking about the 'amazing wooden box'. The simplicity of the kamishibai seems to be invisible when the story casts its spell.


And here's a pic of the Famous Village Dog Show.
Only in inner suburban Melbourne could such a bizarre event have gained such popularity. It's hysterical and what's more the dogs seem to have a ball!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive