Thursday, October 11, 2012

More lyrebirds in display

Its like when you hear a word or notice a plant for the first time. You think, 'How unusual!' and then you hear the word everywhere and you find the plant has been growing next door for years.


Well I'm finding its like that with images of displaying lyrebirds. I'm walking into them! They're placed before me. Every time I open my purse I spot one. As the release date for Lyrebird! a true story draws closer and my excitement mounts they're tumbling in front of my vision.


The week before last I went to the Abbotsford Convent  and spotted this one.


A few days ago I was in the Lake Mungo National Park and guess what the NSW National Park logo is?


And then last night, my friend Claire Saxby placed a beautiful book in my hand called Silvertail by Ina Watson. A first edition published in 1946 with illustrations by Walter Cunningham. The copy Claire has lent me actually belongs to children's author Corinne Fenton. Predictably, after seeing Silvertail, I leapt onto ebay and have bought a copy and now I wait for the postie to deliver it to my door.

Thanks Corinne and Claire for thinking of me.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive