Well ... I'm back from The Woodford Folk Festival (Queensland) and yes it was hot!!
I've had five stimulating and exciting days at concerts, workshops and lectures. Even Bob Hawke and Julia Gillard were there rubbing shoulders with the dreadlocks, tatts and nose rings.
As I was short listed for the Spirit of Woodford Storytelling Award, I had two free tickets but I did have to tell my story at the Awards night.
I'm pleased to say I have come home with the trophy and a healthy cheque which will cover my costs.
What a wonderful opportunity I've just enjoyed, meeting storytellers and performance poets from around the country. I'm full to bursting with fresh ideas.
Thankyou to David Hallett who organises the Awards and Woodford and sponsors for creating these opportunities for artists to grow.
- WEBSITE: JACKIE KERIN
- The Storytelling Garden
- Storytelling Guild
- Storyteller: Matteo
- Storyteller: Julie Perrin
- Storyteller: JB Rowley
- Storyteller: Anne E Stewart
- Pigeons Projects
- Newport Fiddle and Folk Club
- Malcolm McKinnon:film maker artist
- Literary Festival: Williamstown
- Literary Festival: Froth and Bubble
- Indigenous Storyteller: Glenn Shea
- Folk Festival: Woodford
- Folk Festival: Port Fairy
- Creative Net
- Cardigan Comics: Bernard Caleo
- Boomerang Books
- Books illustrated
- Author: George Ivanoff
- Author: Claire Saxby
- Adverse Camber(UK Story Productions)
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (40)
- ▼ 2013 (54)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (30)