Friday, May 10, 2013

Lyrebird! A true story. The story behind the story: 16 May Williamstown Library 2013

Please join me at the Williamstown Library and share the story behind the story of my new book.

From the moment I stumbled across the tale of 'James', one of the first Lyrebirds to be filmed and recorded in display, I was hooked. Definitely a story that needed dusting off and bringing into the light. Illustrated by Peter Gouldthorpe and published by Museum Victoria, our book has been received with praise and delight. I've had emails and calls from bird lovers around the country.

Lyrebird!A true story has been short listed by the Children's Book Council of Australia which is a splendid thing as it means even more young people will have the chance to enjoy the story.

Whenever I have the opportunity to speak - I learn more about these wondrous birds. Please come and share your bird anecdotes with me. As my storytelling friend Bettina Nissen frequently says, 'Stories beget stories'. For example: this photo of the road sign was sent to me by Peter  C... who lives on the Belgrave Ferny Creek Road, Ferny Creek. With Peter's help, we were finally able to prove, beyond doubt, the location of this beautiful tale.



Williamstown Library 104 Ferguson Street Williamstown
16 May 7-00 - 8.30
Free

Booking and details HERE

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive