Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rotary Club of Point Gellibrand Williamstown

pic: right to left: President Andrew Oakley and Sergeant Jim Grouios
It was my pleasure to take on the role of 'after dinner speaker' at the meeting of the Point Gellibrand Rotary Club this week.

This was a new experience for me. Although aware of Rotary from the outside, I had never been on the inside before. A more lively and hospitable crowd would be hard to find.

To bring you up to speed ... and quoting from the website ...
'Members of a Rotary Club are part of a diverse group of professional leaders working to address community and international service needs and to promote peace and understanding throughout the world.'

It's evident within minutes of meeting this group that they hold close the values of peace, understanding, compassion and wine. I like them a lot!

There being some enthusiastic punters in the group, I was asked specifically to talk about writing Phar Lap the wonder horse. Not usually asked this early in the season to talk about Big Red, it was a joy to share my story with such an attentive audience.

Thankyou for including me in a night of food, wine and excellent company.

Learn more about: Point Gellibrand Rotary Williamtown and become involved.




click to listen to a reading of Phar Lap on the the Museum Victoria and website.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive