Wednesday, June 13, 2012

International Storytelling Conference NSW 2012

 I've been back for a week now, strapped in the car and off delivering stories to small people in the western 'burbs. But the Storytelling Conference (hosted by Storytelling Guild NSW)  is still occupying my mind. Such a rich weekend of story swapping and professional development. Not to mention the thrill of meeting other storytellers from the USA, New Zealand, Canada and of course from all around Australia.


I had a wonderful time sharing my adventures with Kamishibai and telling one of my original tales of the Victorian gold rush. Story friend, Gael Cresp, snapped me on her mobile phone at the Saturday concert. I'm standing in front of the glorious patchwork NSW Guild banner.


There were so many highlights during the weekend but one that I'm still turning over in my mind is Meredith Bird Miller's workshop on 'Geomythology' - looking at myths that contain shreds of truth about land-shaping events.


You can see some more pics and read more about the conference here.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive