Monday, March 24, 2014

World Storytelling Day: Monsters and Dragons

I love the way the internet enables folk to build communities across countries and languages. My storytelling friends and I celebrated World Story Telling Day along with Singapore, Alaska, Germany, The Netherlands, Mexico, India, Norway, Sweden, England ... its a long list!

It was a small beginning, something I hope will grow. In my universe, World Storytelling Day will find a place in forests, libraries, homes, schools ... (I'm listing again!) all around Australia. Such a wonderful way to bring people with diverse languages and cultures together.

A big thanks to The Boyd Community Hub at Southbank, part of the City Library cluster and especially Natalie who made us so welcome.

It was an honour and a pleasure to celebrate alongside other Vic Storytellers, Niki na Meadhra, Anne E Stewart, Hakan Mapolar, Kate Lawrence and Teena Hartnett.

World Storytelling Day HERE


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive