Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Greg O'Leary: A lifetime achievement, preserving Australian fiddle tunes.
Hobsons Bay Leader
12 Mar 2013
Friend Greg O'Leary has been recognised with a lifetime achievement award (Tamworth Music Festival) for his work collecting and passing on Australian fiddle tunes. Here he is on the front page of The Hobsons Bay Leader. In the same way storytellers pass on stories from ear to mouth, fiddle players pass on tunes from ear to ear and so the music is carried through time and around the world. Greg an I have had some fun over the years performing tunes and stories at the Williamstown Literary Festival and Hobsons Bay Libraries. The man is a living treasure, an archive and entertaining to boot.
Greg will be playing this weekend at the Newport Bush Dance Sunday 17 March at the Newport Lakes.
Details here: http://www.nffc.org.au/
I'll be there with a story or two - still deciding which one.
- WEBSITE: JACKIE KERIN
- The Storytelling Garden
- Storytelling Guild
- Storyteller: Matteo
- Storyteller: Julie Perrin
- Storyteller: JB Rowley
- Storyteller: Anne E Stewart
- Pigeons Projects
- Newport Fiddle and Folk Club
- Malcolm McKinnon:film maker artist
- Literary Festival: Williamstown
- Literary Festival: Froth and Bubble
- Indigenous Storyteller: Glenn Shea
- Folk Festival: Woodford
- Folk Festival: Port Fairy
- Creative Net
- Cardigan Comics: Bernard Caleo
- Boomerang Books
- Books illustrated
- Author: George Ivanoff
- Author: Claire Saxby
- Adverse Camber(UK Story Productions)
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (40)
- The Adventures of Split-Dog and Ol'Joe. No.1
- Swapping kamishibai stories over the internet 2013...
- Congratulations Patricia Mullins. Dromkeen Medal 2...
- Delivering Books In Homes 2013
- Newport Lakes Community Bush Dance 2013
- Greg O'Leary: A lifetime achievement, preserving A...
- Three days of Moomba! 2013
- Stories off the back of my bike: Moomba 2013
- Back on the road with a basket of stories
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (30)