My Folk Club (the Newport Fiddle and Folk Club) organisers an annual bush dance at the end of summer. It takes place in a park that was once a quarry and a tip. But 30 years ago, the people took it on and have transformed the landscape into a piece of urban bushland alive with birds and wild flowers.
Club musicians, storytellers, dance callers and face painters all pitch in to create an event that just gets better every year.
Can you believe that this is only 12 ks from the CBD? When I arrived I disturbed a party of honey eaters. They are well catered for at the moment with all the flowering gums.
- WEBSITE: JACKIE KERIN
- The Storytelling Garden
- Storytelling Guild
- Storyteller: Matteo
- Storyteller: Julie Perrin
- Storyteller: JB Rowley
- Storyteller: Anne E Stewart
- Pigeons Projects
- Newport Fiddle and Folk Club
- Malcolm McKinnon:film maker artist
- Literary Festival: Williamstown
- Literary Festival: Froth and Bubble
- Indigenous Storyteller: Glenn Shea
- Folk Festival: Woodford
- Folk Festival: Port Fairy
- Creative Net
- Cardigan Comics: Bernard Caleo
- Boomerang Books
- Books illustrated
- Author: George Ivanoff
- Author: Claire Saxby
- Adverse Camber(UK Story Productions)
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (40)
- The Adventures of Split-Dog and Ol'Joe. No.1
- Swapping kamishibai stories over the internet 2013...
- Congratulations Patricia Mullins. Dromkeen Medal 2...
- Delivering Books In Homes 2013
- Newport Lakes Community Bush Dance 2013
- Greg O'Leary: A lifetime achievement, preserving A...
- Three days of Moomba! 2013
- Stories off the back of my bike: Moomba 2013
- Back on the road with a basket of stories
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (30)