Monday, March 25, 2013

Swapping kamishibai stories over the internet 2013

Thanks to the internet, I have storytelling friends around the world who I can chat to on skype, share stuff on facebook, email, blog ...

How quickly we adapt. It seems unimaginable that once my storytelling community was limited to friends in Australia. 

In the past few weeks I've exchanged news with storytelling mates in Italy, Hawaii, Portugal and this morning I was chatting on skype with Kamishibai mate Derek Carpenter (aka Bo the Clown) who lives in the UK.

Derek and I have made a habit of swapping Kamishibai stories via jpegs. In this picture you can see my story, Tengu Tale (propped against my computer) and on the screen you can see Derek holding up his copy, downloaded and printed on the other side of the world!

You can read about Derek's adventures with Kamishibai here

And here he is in action ...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive